Well what it really boils down to is what is your Budget.. What games and which VR headset do you want to get or looking at..

For VR I am getting by on an Odyssey plus with a 1080GTX and intel i5 7600K @ 4.8GHZ with 32gb meoimory... Now I hear the Pimax users are struggling to get decent FPS in DCS with a 2080Ti.. but ED has been working on a VR Enhancement or something they say 30% increase in performance...

I play Elite Dangerous, DCS and Assetto Corsa and I am having no issues with those once I tweaked my settings.. I found the biggest FPS killer is the Pixel Density setting or HMD settings along with Supersampling..

I can say with my Odyssey Plus I get some God rays in Elite Dangerous mostly and it is a bit distracting but I am getting used to it and don't focus on it much anymore.. The Fresnel lenses kinda are weird and sometimes you can see the circles looking back at you..

I think these VR headsets would be better off without the Fresnel lens but In race games these headsets really shine.. I played Assetto corsa and it was almost like being there so cool..

DCS is a trip too I need to get used to how the headtracking works and having to turn my head always around unlike what I am used to with a track IR..

All in all I am enjoying the VR unit.. but if you get a decent CPU and GPU you should be good with most of the headsets unless they are really High Resolution like the Pimax 5K

Intel i7 10700K @ 4.8GHZ / ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4AC Motherboard / Asus 1080GTX OC / SoundBlaster Z / Windows 10 64bit / Reverb G2 VR Gear. / Thrustmaster Cougar + MFD's / Buttkicker Simulation / Thrustmaster Cougar