So my MEGA TQS and Thrustmaster Rudder Control System are almost done. I'll post some pics here to show you what I did, but then I have a problem I want to lay out.

So Per Sokok1's suggestion I put the Pro Micro into the Rudder Control system. This has worked out well. It just fits. I had to put y own home made cover on it, but it works for now. I've set it up so that it can both slave to the Mega TQS, via a 3.5 mm stereo jack (straight connection to the RCS pot) as well as via USB connection through the Pro Micro. I did this so I can use it either way....slaved to the Mega TQS, I save a USB connection, and If I want, I can just plug it in via USB separately

The Mega TQS has worked out perfectly. I didn't add quite as much as Kbird. I added a 4 way hat swtich where the Range pot was and another 4 way where the button mouse was. Along with the dogfight/speed break switches, I now have a total of 16 switches on the handle.

I've put 7 additional switches in the base. I was going to put 8 to get the full 24 availble buttons off the FLCS SHIFT register, but while drilling I forgot about the tension wheel and the two anchor/screw taps on either side of the case. Thank goodness for JBWeld.

So, on to my problem. (I'll post this over in the Frontier/Elite Dangerous forums as well). I currently have my original FLCS/TQS combo setup for ED. I have made a custom binding called custom3. When I put in the Mega TQS, I no longer have a "custom3" option in the controls drop down. If I put the original TQS back in, the "Custom3" is there. Obviously, when the custom3 is not available, neither are any of my FLCS or TQS control bindings. I REALLY don't want to start from scratch on rebuilding these. I was hoping that I'd just be able to plug in the Mega TQS and go to town.

I'm wondering if it is the VID/PID and board naming that is messing ED up. Any ideas?

PS....I'm having issues getting my pictures up. I'll do that later tonight once I figure out my technology issue...

Oh, the final thing I've got to do is to put in some type of stop for the rudder pedals. They go to far and slip off their rails. I'm thinking one of three things, an "L bracket" for each side, some type of long bolt, or some type of round plastic column. I'll post pics of what I'm thinking for that as well.

Attached Files IMG_20190509_201802428_HDR (Large).jpgIMG_20190517_212328_843 (Large).jpgIMG_20190517_212829332 (Large).jpg
Last edited by Slarti; 05/18/19 01:33 PM. Reason: Added pictures