27 April 1915

Bailleul Town
Dugan Vystavel writes: "0608: Artillery Spot over the trenches between Bethune and Lens. Lt Griffiths leading. 1 hour 43 minutes.
1321: Scouting Mission over a balloon north of Lille. Lt Griffiths leading. While we were climbing for altitude Lt Griffiths disappeared. I continued on the mission alone. They keep hinting that we should attack this balloon. I consulted Capt Shaw, and he was willing. We dropped through the clouds and circled the balloon. The carbine was totally ineffective, as was their Archie. Their machine guns, however, put several bullets into our aeroplane. Fortunately none of them hit the engine or petrol tank. When we returned home it was raining. All we got for our efforts was a lecture on not getting our machine shot up. 1 hour 50 minutes

Warmeriville
Odis Först writes: "0640: Long-distance Scouting Mission over a factory about two-thirds of the way to Paris. Ltn Müller leading, Ltn Soltau and myself in support. 3 hours 37 minutes.

Senard
Noel Kay writes: "0841: Photo Mission over Charleville. No DCA, no trouble at all. 1 hour 45 minutes."

Gonneham
Corrigan Aujla writes: "It's raining again."

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "It's still raining."

Bertincourt
Lennart Altendorf writes: "Raining again."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done