This is why the revenue sharing between movie companies and theaters is set up the way it is - the first weekend is usually an 80/20 split, the second 60/40, and by the eighth week the theater is on the upside of a 10/90 split.*

The money that keeps a movie theater in business is at the concession stand.

When we went to see Endgame last week it was a matinee during the week (and during school hours) - there were maybe six people besides us there. And still some dips--t had his phone start ringing halfway through.

He had a great way of covering for himself though, answering it and saying "Wait, what? Your water broke? That's two weeks early! I'm on my way!" Even though he made a big show of grabbing his stuff and hurrying out, clearly he knew I wasn't buying it and decided not to come back into the theater for the rest of the movie.

* At least that's how revenue sharing with the studios worked a really long time ago when I knew something about it.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."