25 April 1915

Bailleul Town
Dugan Vystavel writes: "0501: Artillery Spot with Lt Griffiths in the lead. Trenches east of Paaschendale. Gloomy overcast weather. 1 hour 26 minutes.
1157: Leading my own Artillery Spot over the trenches east of Niewpoort, with Fred Aldaine supporting. Weather somewhat better, but still a lot of clouds. Aldaine suffered an engine failure on the way home and came down in a field outside Ypres. 1 hour 43 minutes."

Gonneham
Corrigan Aujla writes: "0502: Foggy weather. Scouting mission over Combles, south of Bapaume. Lt Stewart leading, Lt Harvey-Kelly and myself supporting. Was almost home when my engine failed. Managed to land at Hesdignule. 1 hour 38 minutes.
1341: Much nicer. Clear skies. Artillery Spot over trenches west of Lille. Lt Murray leading, myself in support. 1 hour 27 minutes."

Bertincourt
Lennart Altendorf writes: "0503: Photo mission over the trenches near Miraumont, with Vfw Leffers supporting. 1 hour 44 minutes."

Senard
Noel Kay writes: "More rain today."

Warmeriville
Odis Först writes: "Raining again. We had a party for Ltn Boelcke, and tomorrow he leaves us. It was a fine party, but tinged with sadness. He will be greatly missed here at No 13".

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "We have rain again. It seems like we only fly every other day."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done