I've been really wanting a new Splinter Cell that is Michael Ironside voice acted and focused on the nuts and bolts of what made the first three games great. I would even take a new SC game made in the Chaos Theory engine. Blacklist wasn't a return to what made the originals so good like I thought they were implying with their original previews. It was better than Conviction that changed things way too much but I still greatly disliked the voice actor and shooting mechanics including all of the "Hollywood" sound effects that are over done such as the effects that tell you you are about to be seen or you've killed someone. Those things I hate, hurts my ears and takes away from the immersion. I greatly dislike Ubisoft's treatment of the Tom Clancy franchises. I really wish the brand would get into another developer's hands or for Ubisoft management to be swept clean and positions filled with someone else who can deliver something that is truly a spiritual successor to the older games, remains faithful to what made those good, while still incorporating newer tech like motion capture and updated game play mechanics. However I would still love to have them at least for keyboard users, model the middle mouse button analog motion for Sam Fisher.

They have really diminished and almost ruined in some cases the Clancy franchise in my opinion. Though a new ip, the hour I spent with a free trial of The Division was horrible. I thought it was absolute trash.

I would love to see Ubisoft remake Splinter Cell and Pandora Tomorrow in the Chaos Theory Engine and then remaster Chaos Theory and release them again. I would even like to see Double Agent re-done as the PC port always has terrible problems. For some reason the original Xbox version was infinitely superior.

Knowing the kind of games they make now it probably won't happen, but at the very least I want to see them bring back Michael Ironside who is Sam Fisher for one more adventure. He would portray that old soldier all the more now.

Last edited by Coot; 05/08/19 07:50 PM.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13