24 April 1915

Warmeriville
Odis Först writes: "0507: Photo Mission over an encampment near the French airfield at Senard. Ltn Soltau leading, Ltn Boelcke and myself in support. 2 hours 40 minutes.
1454: Photo Mission over a factory southwest of Soissins. Ltn Müller leading. 2 hours 48 minutes.
More bad news, for us anyway. Ltn Boelcke has finally received his long-awaited transfer. He has been requesting this repeatedly since his brother was moved. He leaves in two days for Berlin for special duty and then he’ll be moving to FFA 62.

Senard
Noel Kay writes: "0558: Patrolled the lines near Varennes-en-Argonne. 1 hour 40 minutes."

Bertincourt
Lennart Altendorf writes: "0602: Weather is good enough to fly, but just barely. We were assigned an Artillery Spotting mission, but not long after takeoff the motor started running rough. We barely made it back to the field, and clipped a tree on landing. We are both unhurt, but the machine is pretty much ruined." 33 minutes.

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "0906: Offensive Patrol with Adj Barault, over Ghistelles. 1 hour 38 minutes."

Gonneham
Corrigan Aujla writes: "After two days in the air the rain is back with us."

Bailleul Town
Dugan Vystavel writes: "The wind has died, but left rain in its wake."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done