Originally Posted by HeinKill
Whoever created the battle strategy for Winterfell has never played Total War or Stronghold ...

- Whose first move is to send their cavalry into massed infantry in a head on charge before they've even started using ranged weapons and then engaged with infantry?
- Who puts their catapults out in front of their infantry?
- Who builds castle walls full of handholds and footholds for the enemy?
- Who allows the enemy to scale their walls without covering them in boiling oil or at least parking a fire breathing dragon there to scorch them off?
- Whose moat (in this case of fire) can by crossed by a couple of infantry laying across it?
- Who protects a High Value Capture Point (Bran in Godswood) in close quarters combat with only a few archers?

And don't get me started on the whole 'who the hell lands their dragon on the ground during a battle' question.

Heiny

I would suggest you never, ever watch The Walking Dead.

The folks in GoT are friggin' military geniuses compared to TWD.

If I were planning the battle, no matter what I'd of had the Dothraki charging head on in total darkness into an army of the undead. They were poison to Westeros and would have brought nothing but disaster and ruin if they'd of remained, trashing villages, taking slaves, etc.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."