Episode 3 was odd for me. It didn't fit the tone of the rest of the GoT series, it just seemed very "movie"-like and performed so many, many standard action-movie tropes that it was out of character.
Where were random tragic events? All your faves have survived, and the one-dimensional bad guy was defeated by surprise out-of-nowhere trope.

Doesn't the Night King have any philosophy, character, position, something that makes him not a cartoon bad guy with zombies? "Wants to bring endless night" is just tossed out as his motive, with no real philosophy driving it. He might as well have turned up and said "I'm evil".

Dothraki, an entire race, all gone in two minutes. No examination of that.

The crypt - yeah. Part of The Poor Plan biggrin No real examination of the effect of family members breaking out to attack.

The Poor Plan in general, doesn't anyone imagine the night king would sniff out the most obvious trap ever devised? biggrin And to have only Theon as the plan's guardian, the most central strategy is left to him?

Lots of characters getting into impossible positions, yet somehow finding themselves in a non-impossible position a few minutes later.

Lots of characters almost being killed, only to be saved at the last second by surprise rear attack from another character. Meh.

Night King defeat from nowhere. Maybe the next episode will provide flashbacks to make this not nonsense, fingers crossed.

I would have liked to see more of the zombie animals. Polar bears, horses, even the giant ice spiders from the books smile

Anyway, I have some issues smile but there was also lots that was awesome.

The giant was awesome.

The sense of dread.

The Unsullied performed impeccably, as you would expect. They just did everything they were supposed to correctly.

Dragon on dragon action. Woof.

And - can we talk about how dark the cinematography was biggrin I could hardly see a thing all the way through it.

Last edited by DM; 04/30/19 10:56 AM.

"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."