20 April 1915

Bertincourt
Lennart Altendorf writes: "0423: Took off just before the sun came up. Nice to be flying again. Artillery Spotting just west of Arras. Vfw Fricke supporting. 1 hour 56 minutes."

Warmeriville
Odis Först writes: "0613: Ltns Soltau, Boelcke and I were to fly a scouting mission over Château-Thierry. After we took off we realized Ltn Boelcke wasn’t with us. We flew on anyway. Ten minutes later my motor began making an awful racket. I turned back to Warmeriville with my motor barely running. I managed to land safely. An hour after that the office received a telephone call. Ltn Soltau had landed landed near the town of Guignicourt after having his own motor start to pack it in just as he was crossing the lines. Not being near an aerodrome they had to send a mechanic to him by truck, just in case they couldn’t fix the machine there. It will be at least tomorrow before we see him again."

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "0703: Offensive Patrol over a rail yard near Roulers, Lt Barault leading. 1 hour 59 minutes.
Garros is still missing. No one seems to have seen anything, and no one seems to know anything."

Senard
Noel Kay writes: "Another storm is moving through."

Gonneham
Corrigan Aujla writes: "Still raining."

Saint-Omer
Dugan Vystavel writes: "Raining again."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done