19 April 1915

Warmeriville
Odis Först writes: "0450: Scouting mission over a rail yard southwest of Epernay, Ltn Soltau leading with Ltn Boelcke and myself. I’d love to know why this interest in me that I get to tag along with the big boys, but I don’t dare ask. 2 hours 4 minutes."
1358: Ltn Boelcke and I were sent to an airfield south of Chalons just to annoy whoever might be stationed there and see what kind of reaction we received. They threw flak at us the whole time we were there. 2 hours 8 minutes."

Saint-Omer
Dugan Vystavel writes: "0532: Trench Mapping, east of Ypres, with Edgar Lehman leading. 2 hours 13 minutes.
1445: More Trench Mapping, west of Lens, with Lt Thayer leading. 1 hour 48 minutes.
Some of the boys are starting to hate hate the constant photography runs, but I like them. Or at least I appreciate them. After all, we spent weeks in classrooms, hangars and in the air training for just this job. It’s supposedly what we’re here for."

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "0709: Navigation exercise with Adj Barault, down to Saint-Omer and back. 1 hour 31 minutes.
No word of Garros. We try to have hope but the longer he is missing the more we are convinced of our fears for the worst."

Senard
Noel Kay writes: "0859: Scouting flight over the trenches near Saint-Mihiel. 1 hour 6 minutes."

Gonneham
Corrigan Aujla writes: "And it's raining again. At least we have warm clothes and a fire."

Bertincourt
Lennart Altendorf writes: "Still raining. I think we have our own private rain storm. One of my fellows joked that someone who doesn’t want to fly paid a witch to put a hex on us."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done