Originally Posted by 462cid
Originally Posted by Top Gun
Originally Posted by KraziKanuK
The old bones start to ache with cold and even more so if it is humid and cold. Then there is the snow and ice > walking is harder and falls usually result in broken bones.

yep, never mind too old to clear your driveway or roof. My ex in-laws are both retired, have a decent size driveway yet with them having 2 daughters, neither husband will go over and clear the driveway for them. I used to when I was married to his daughter, I even brought my youngest over to help because one of the last snowfalls we got was very wet and heavy. It's only a matter of time before they move south because all the grand kids are getting older HS/College age so they rarely see them anymore.

Disgusting. I am sorry for those folks that used to be your in-laws. I hope they at least kick in money to have the drive cleared. If they do nothing, then those women did not marry men. Whatever they married they are not men. Before I had my stroke I'd drive my RWD high hp manual transmission car to my parents at 4am, park in a snowbank, and shovel them out of blizzards before I went to work. Now I wait until the plows come out. But I still go. It makes me sick to read of "men" who will not do for their elders. Unless they are missing limbs or have paralysis or something, they are soft overgrown children. Even if they bench 450 and run the Ironman.

it kills me too, her husband is a nice guy, but his parents already are gone to Fl for the cold months so it's not like he has them to worry about. What kills me is she's asked me to do it before, I told her she has a new husband to do that. Never mind our 17 year old son who she baby's so freaking bad.

Last edited by Top Gun; 04/19/19 03:06 PM.