4 April 1915

Gonneham
Corrigan Aujla writes: "0501: Took of with Lt Harvey-Kelly before dawn for scouting mission over enemy aerodrome at Bertincourt. Harvey-Kelly hit by Archie while over target. He managed to make it back to friendly lines while I finished the patrol. 2 hours 8 minutes."

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "1108: Offensive patrol over the lines near Diksmuide, with Cpl Barra. 1 hour 30 minutes.
Yesterday Adolph Péguod, in a Morane two-seater like ours, claimed two more enemy aircraft. The newspapers are calling him “The Ace”.

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "Found out today that Ltn Boelcke’s visit was more than just to see us. He was having problems with his breathing. The doctor said something about “murmurs in the bronchial tubes”, and he is being sent to the convalescent home at Rethel for three weeks. Meanwhile Hptm Straub and I are getting on just fine."

Senard
Noel Kay writes: "A rain storm moved through today. No flying."

Saint-Omer
Dugan Vystavel writes: "Woke up to rain this morning. We are once again grounded."

Bertincourt
Lennart Altendorf writes: "Rain has beset us again. We sit here, hoping for better weather tomorrow."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done