2 April 1915

Gonneham
Corrigan Aujla writes: "0501: Bombing mission against a railyard north of Lens, with Major Salmond and Lt Cruikshank. Had barely reached altitude when my engine failed. Managed to land just west of the aerodrome at Merville. 33 minutes.."

Saint-Omer
Dugan Vystavel writes: "0530: Trench-mapping mission with Lt Buck near Neuve-Chapelle. 2 hours 13 minutes."

Senard
Noel Kay writes: "Our new Commander arrived yesterday, Capitaine Louis Mazier.
0841: Scouting mission over the lines from Reims down to Sillery. Heavy overcast. 1 hour 56 minutes."

Bertincourt
Lennart Altendorf writes: "1102: Scouting mission over the trenches. Took a Flak hit. Both of us scratched and the engine knocked out. Made it halfway back to Bertincourt and landed near an observation balloon. 37 minutes."

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hanse writes: "1108: Defensive patrol over our airfield at Coudekerque, with Adj Coupet. 1 hour 4 minutes."

Garros has gone off alone again. He says he prefers it that way, and wishes the rest of us would stop badgering him. Well, despite his low rank he is rich, popular and famous as the first man to fly across the Mediterranean Sea, so he pretty much gets what he wants. Some confirmation of his victory has come through in the form of some farmers who say they saw the fight from the ground."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "1505: Scouting mission over the lines near Varennes-en-Argonne, with Ltns Boelcke and Müller. Engine failed on approach and we hit some trees. Both Hptm Straub and I are in the hospital for an indeterminate amount of time. Some serious cuts and bruises but nothing broken on either of us. 1 hour 32 minutes."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done