1 April 1915

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "0557: Short solo scouting mission over Somme-Vesle. 1 hour 28 minutes."

Senard
Noel Kay writes: "0644: Photo mission over Sedan. Beautiful clear sky. 1 hour 41 minutes."

Gonneham
Corrigan Aujla writes: "0821: Went with Lt Harvey-Kelly to bomb a railyard north of Vitry. 1 hour 29 minutes."

Saint-Omer
Dugan Vystavel writes: "0923: Supported Lt Lehman on an Artillery-Spotting mission southwest of Neuve-Chapelle. 2 hours 6 minutes."

Bertincourt
Lennart Altendorf writes: "1003: Bombing mission on a factory near Arras. Vfw Leffers as second. 1 hour 47 minutes."

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hanse writes: "1104: Offensive patrol over the lines, this time near Paaschendale. 1 hour 21 minutes.
Garros has done it! He returned from his solo flight claiming to have shot down a German Albatros machine! There is no confirmation as of yet, but his forward gun has been fired several times. If someone saw it, this will be the first time such a feat has been accomplished! All of us are clamoring to fly with him the next time so we can provide affirmation when he does it again. Of course the truth is that we just want to see it happen for ourselves. We also want to have one of these gun fixtures for our own machines."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done