So I now have a new problem....

I decided to tackle the last major set of "controls"....these are my very basic helicopter "cockpit. This has a Flight Link G2 that I had long ago slaved over to an FLCS set of guts. I took the FLCS head off of the FLCS, and put it on the Flight Link G2, and then added cable and ran it back to the FLCS circuit board so all the controls on the FLCS head would work. I also slaved the POTs over to the FLCS board as well. This was all done a very long time ago and it worked great for years via the normal Thurstmaster Gameport setup with stick/throttle/pedals.

I thought that converting over to full USB would be easy.

Well....sort of. I've not setup the buttons from the FLCS yet, but I don't think I'll have an issue there. Where I'm running into an issue is the POTS. As my first step in converting over to USB/Arduino/MMJOY, I combined the hot and ground for each pot (Hot/pitch to hot/roll to Arduino board. Same for Roll), then put a separate lead for each center post for the POTS. I've done this for 3 other FLCS setups with no issues. So once I plugged it all in, I could only seem to get the roll pot to work/showup in MMJOY.

So I separated all the wiring and started over. The Roll pot works fine. No issues. The Pitch pot does not work at all. Pic of Roll pot is attached.

i'm REALLY reluctant to take the Flight Link fully apart to get to the pot because I'm afraid that I might not get it back together. What info would you need to help me troubleshoot this?

It has been a long while since i've used these (they are on a VERY old machine running XP) but there were no issues when I ran it last. How can I try and troubleshoot the POT?

One interesting thing. When I have the pitch pot connected I get a wildly squiggly line (very large swings top to bottom) showing up in MMJOY VKB Joytester app. When I grab a hold of the metal base, the lines wild swings (top to bottom) get much smaller. I'll try and get a screen shot to show what I mean. Pitch pic is attached as well.

Thanks

EDIT for clarity: Note, on the Roll picuture, I'm moving the stick left to right and getting what is expected, i.e. evenly flowing lines moving top to bottom and bottom to top. On the Pitch picture. I'm not moving the stick at all.

Attached Files Roll (1).pngPitch (1).png
Last edited by Slarti; 04/03/19 12:20 PM.