27 March 1915

Gonneham
Corrigan Aujla writes: "0820: Followed Lt Cruikshank on a scouting mission over the enemy aerodrome at Haubourdin. 1 hour 42 minutes."

Saint-Omer
Dugan Vystavel writes: "0825: Supported Lt Ellis on an Artillery Spotting mission. 1 hour 56 minutes."

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "0903: Defensive patrol over our airfield at Abeele, with Lt Masson Sollier. 1 hour 20 minutes.
Garros has returned. It seems that he and his personal mechanic Hue have been spending time at the Morane Saulnier factory in Paris, working with Raymond Saulnier on some kind of a mechanism that will let him shoot a Hotchkiss machine gun through his propeller. He showed us the system and told us he would be going hunting for Germans as soon as possible. We are all curious about the thing and he gladly showed us all how it works. I’m not sure I understand completely, but it has metal wedges bolted to the propeller to push any bullets that come in contact out of the way. It will be interesting to see if he gets any results."

Bertincourt
Lennart Altendorf writes: "1003: Scouting mission over the trenches near Herleville, with Vfw Leffers. 2 hours 1 minute."

Senard, Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "1100: Took off for photo mission over Guignicourt, looking for suspected enemy troop buildup. Engine failed. Managed to land back at field. 7 minutes.
1123: Took off again in spare plane. Arrived over Guignicourt, took pictures. Followed the Aisne west back over the lines. Motorcycle dispatch rider waiting for us on the field on our return. I guess these pictures are important. 1 hour 55 minutes."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "1325: Long scouting flight over enemy airfield at Champaubert. 2 hours 13 minutes."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done