Originally Posted by HogDriver
That is a cool concept. But I feel it is fatally flawed though.

There's no way 1960's Beatles music would become the greatest thing ever if the music was introduced in 2019.

The guy would be a novelty, playing gigs for pocket change in coffee houses. He'd be lucky to make a few hundred dollars a year selling tracks online. No one in the music business would pay any attention. The music is too dated, not suitable for mass mainstream commercial distribution, and let's be honest in today's age, too "white". (even country music today has gone pretty hard into R&B/hip-hop styles)

Maybe if the movie took place between 1960 and 1965, he might have been a successful solo artist if he connected with the right people. But still nothing like the managed success of the Beatles.

Point taken.
RnB/Hip hop today has little to no connection with the RnB/soul pop music of the mid to late 1960s either. And to the extent pop music today is electronic based, it is seriously devolved from the ambitious efforts made in the late 60s and 1970s to the 80s, when artists were honestly trying the limits of what synthesizers and sequencers were capable of.

When I listen to pop music from the mid 1950s to the mid 1970s the range, ambition and growth is breathtaking. Pop music from the 2000s to the 2018/9s sounds pretty unambitious and kinda stagnant.

The Beatles development over not really too many albums at all is shocking by today's standards. I am surprised they got that much latitude even then.