Ooooooo 40 seconds...the stress, the horror..

I have had less than 10 seconds separating me and possible death and injury, or major collisions. Me and my BIG dang steel boat, full of flammables, toxic stuff, sometimes passengers and sometimes very explosive stuff, and close collisions with oil platforms, other boats and assorted other hazards.

It's called experience and keeping your cool when it counts...luck helps also at times...and not being afraid to make a decision.

You don't learn that in a few hundred hours, or as semmern said, a few thousand hours on autopilot. A merchant Marine Captain is required to have hundreds of DAYS, not hours, at sea just to get an entry level license. No boat owner in their right mind will let a new captain run a boat without serious supervision.

40 seconds is a long darn time if you know what you are doing.

Contrary to current beliefs, in the game of life, you don't get a trophy if you lose.

Somebody needs to set up a website to expose all these shifty air carriers with low time/experience pilots in the cockpit.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum