So I just got back from out there, spent 3 days at Nellis for Red Flag and 2 days in the Canyon. I rented a Nikon D500 which uses a different card, a XQD memory card. I had a friend give me a heads up saying to purchase one because it allows you to just "spray and pray" and won't slow down your buffer. You only get maybe 2 secs max on each plane so there wasn't really that much need for it. But we have a mutual friend who has what I rented and takes pictures of bald eagles and my friend said his camera sounds like the A-10 gun.

Here's the top of Panorama view, or Pano for short. This is where the planes come diving into the canyon. Wasn't exactly "warm" for Death Valley, the Hottest place on earth. On the 2 days I was there it might have been mid 50's, to lower 60's, but winds were gusting to 30-40 mph. Hence why everyone is all bundled up.
[Linked Image]

Here's looking down into the Canyon from Pano
[Linked Image]

Only did half a day on Wed but say 5 jets, these 2 F-18's came through.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The VX-9 F-35'c from Edwards made 2 passes, once in the morning, once again late afternoon. This was the wingman, the lead dove in and pulled right up like you see in the Dutch video. I wish I was at Pano for this move, but was further down and only got belly shots
[Linked Image]

XboxLive Tag: DOBrienTG1969

Dave O'Brien,
Top Gun Photography
Nikon D500 & D7200
Nikkor 70-200VR AF-s F/2.8
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8
Sigma 150-600