The system is designed to nose over in case of an approaching stall. Apparently, sometimes it will misread the airflow on takeoff (steep angle of attack and relatively low airspeed) and interpret it as an approaching stall. The procedure is to turn off the system and return complete control of the aircraft to the pilot. The switch is located on the console between the pilot and copilot. And I don't fly these things. I don't fly anything except computers.

As I stated, the Lion Air pilots may have been able to be excused, because I've heard several people say it was only addressed initially by a small blurb in the flight manual, easily overlooked. But after that incident the issue, and the correction, were all over the news. At this point it would be like your receiving a recall notice about the brakes on your car but not taking your car in for the fix. Sure, there was a design flaw, but you were told about it and and ignored the warning.

I would also lay significant blame on whomever at the airline was responsible for making sure that all of their pilots were aware of this and knew what to do.

SALUTE TO ALL!