OK thank you to those who have been waiting patiently for my follow up post on stutters and cloud issues. Sadly I have not found the Holy Grail, although I'm in a much more immersive place than have ever been with WOFF. My apologies for building up peoples' hopes, however. I can only assume that what I experienced initially was the euphoria of seeing WOFF running on better hardware than before, and therefore conclude that others with higher end systems will have had similar experiences.

That said, my tests around running at half the refresh rate have led me to experiment with framerate limits. Others may have already reached similar conclusions, but I appear to be getting a demonstrably better experience WRT to stutters and cloud issues when my framerate is capped between 60-72. It's almost as if the game engine can't keep up a fast enough rendering rate at higher framerates if that makes sense?

Anyhow, after lots of tweaking, I'm currently running VSYNC off, GSYNC on, framerate capped at 60, the high end BT mod installed and stock clouds (i.e. no cloud mods installed although I do love BB's mod and will be turning it back on at some point to see if it makes a difference). Both stutter and cloud issue are very much improved now as compared to running with an uncapped framerate. In fact, if I run at the GSYNC rate of 144, the game just freezes when I move my headtracker viewpoint.... anyone else had that issue?

I will capture some video from my next few missions and try to upload something to YT.

Cheers

H

System: i5 8600K @ 3.6GHz,16GB DDR4 @2666MHz. RTX2080, MSI Z370 mobo, Dell 27" G-SYNC @ 144Hz. 2560x1440