I've quit gaming and have taken up bird watching (my reflexes aren't quick enough anymore to keep up with younger gamers anyway). Many years ago i took an ornithology class (it was a tough class believe me) and that was my initial introduction to the world of birds but after that i didn't become a "birder". As i get closer to retirement though I've turned back to birding. Have 3 different feeders now. A 3-seed block hanging feeder which has also been sprayed with chili pepper to keep the squirrels away. Birds aren't affected by hot peppers like squirrels. The middle block is actually made of suet.

I have a regular seed feeder also but I'm waiting for a stainless steel canopy shield for it so the squirrels don't jump from the tree to the feeder but instead land on the canopy and slide off to the ground. Let's hope it works as squirrels don't give up easily.

Also will be hanging a hummingbird feeder in March. Purchased a small concrete bird bath along with a small silent motor to place in it to keep the water moving so mosquitoes don't try and lay their eggs in it.

Birding is just what i need in retirement ! Is anyone else here a birder ?

"everything lives by a law, a central balance sustains all"