7 February 1915

Varying stages of fog and rain are still around, but everything is light enough today that everybody got a good flight in.

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "0815: Thirteen days since we last flew. Not knowing what tomorrow will be like, they sent us up in groups to make sure we all got flying time in. I was fourth man in a scouting mission that included Ltns Soltau, Müller, and Boelcke. 1 hour 35 minutes."

Saint-Omer
Dugan Vystavel writes: "0904: Artillery mission. Lts Richards and Ackart leading. Myself with Lt Nash and Sgt Crowe and Capt Henry in support. 1 hour 51 minutes."

Gonneham
Corrigan Aujla writes: "1002: Bombing mission against a railyard with Lt Cruikshank and Robbie Reinard. 1 hour 19 minutes."

Wilhelmshaven
Lennart Altendorf writes: "1003: Hptm Podalski led his three students on a long flight around the area. 1 hour 45 minutes."

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "1003: First hunting mission. Two of us patrolled near Passchendaele looking for enemy planes on recon missions. My partner was Caporal Garros. He's something of a legend having been the first man to fly non-stop across the Mediterranean Sea. Unfortunately we didn't find any enemy machines. 1 hour 35 minutes.

Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "1034: Fog has lessened a little. First flight in two weeks. Long deep penetration scouting mission up around the Sedan area. 3 hours 13 minutes."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done