Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Great post Coot.

Look, people come and go with message boards all the time. It’s a completely normal thing.

What has concerned me is the failure of the site to attract any new members but I think that largely has to do with the simulation genre. It’s become much more of a niche genre over time. How many people do we know who are under 30 who play hardcore flight and naval sims?

FWIW, at some point after RacerGT instituted an approval process for new members (to combat the spam attacks), I started handling most of that. We probably average somewhere between 1 and 2 new members added each calendar day. Now, how active they get with posting... I don't see a high amount of activity from them, but then I don't really watch for that, and there are a LOT of forums on here that I don't visit regularly.

The online world has changed a lot from the earlier days of SimHQ. The rise of Facebook, Steam, Reddit, YouTube, etc. has introduced a lot of other places to go. Change is inevitable. One value that SimHQ can provide is a forum where users can speak frankly about product lines in a way that vendors (understandably) usually do not allow upon their own forums. Seeing the discontent that exists for some product lines is not everybody's cup of tea, but it can serve the sim'ing community, and I believe it has.

It is entirely understandable that folks miss the articles from previous times. As RacerGT has indicated, he would be glad to host new articles if people want to write them.