25 December 1914

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "0911: Hazy Christmas day, but we can fly. Routine patrol. Absolutely silent along the front. 1 hour 18 minutes."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "Late yesterday afternoon, after all the flying was done, the officers threw a nice Christmas Eve party for the enlisted men. After it was over we enlisted all moved to one of the hangars and continued until late into the night. At that same time the officers held their own party, so everyone was very merry for Christmas Day. This day brought us very nice flying weather, so we all had a job to do despite theholiday. We didn't mind. With the weather we've been having any day like this one is welcome.
1012: Hptmn Straub and I were assigned to fly due west to a "hot" section west of Guignicourt. It wasn't so hot after all, as the artillery seemed to be taking a break and the infantry didn't seem inclined to move at all. We circled the area and came home again. 1 hour 26 minutes."

Saint-Pol-Sur-Ternoise
Noel Kay writes: "1107: Patrolling on Christmas Day. Very quiet, no activity at all. 1 hour 11 minutes."

Gonneham
Corrigan Aujla writes: "1338: Usual patrol. Everything is quiet. 1 hour 35 minutes."

Northolt
Dugan Vystavel writes: "1353: Captain Johnson gave me a map with certain points marked on it and instructions to follow them. I flew alone eastward to central London, then north to Baldock, southwest to Luton, west to Reading, southeast to Guilford, northwest to Woking and then back to Northolt. He knew I would not be landing until after dark, and I knew that I might crash and die on Christmas Day. I managed to get down safely. 2 hours 57 minutes."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done