18 December 1914

Saint-Pol-Sur-Ternoise
Noel Kay writes: "0815: High clouds. No rain. Not much fighting. Routine patrol. 1 hour 8 minutes."

Northolt, Britain
Dugan Vystavel is the new pilot I've created to replace the lost Ries Meismer. He hails from a tiny village in New Zealand called Okato. He came to Britain for advanced studies in science and mathematics in November 1913, and due to his aptitude in those fields he was taken into the army as a 2nd Lieutenant. He immediately started learning to fly on his own, and now has many hours in Bleriots and Boxkites. He has spent his first few months in the army studying the principles of photography. Now he has been taken into flight school. Because of his previous experience and new field of study he is earmarked to be rushed through training on the BE.2 and thence to No 4 Squadron at Saint-Omer where pioneering work is being done in the field of aerial photography.
Dugan Vystavel's first log entry: "0815: First solo flight. 15 minutes."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "1133: Good enough to fly again. Long practice flight getting ready for action again. 1 hour 49 minutes."

Gonneham
Corrigan Aujla writes: "1141: No sooner had Capt Williamson and I taken off for our first patrol in a week than the controls jammed. We made a stuttering circle of the field. I managed to put her down on the field, but the plane wouldn't level off. We snagged the left wing and then nosed over. Neither of us was harmed but yet another BE has been written off as a total wreck. 13 minutes.

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "1251: Another clear day, with a few random clouds. Quiet again. 1 hour 17 minutes."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done