Near necro.

SimHQ was thriving when i pulled in here in late 2001. Most of why it is like it is now has already been posted above. The Q moves a lot slower now compared to when i could spend hours flying with a bunch of members here and SimHQ open in the background to keep up. It does seem more old boys club now than then but more because a lot of the core is still here and no new blood has been injected. The silly fun vibe that a lot of forums had has mostly gone, people like Ming, Fearless Frog, Beach and others long gone all added a ton of much needed silliness and humour.

Guod was awesome and definitely kept the ship on a even and fast spirited keel, but you can't hang around forever. Of course it wasn't just Guod, it was a lot of members contributing to make SimHQ what it was. Pwec, meh, not a fan and i can see why people don't like it. You get a different look in at members and some of it is pretty bleh and can skew your view of what you thought they were like. Like Panzer said, you can avoid it but it does hang down there like a smelly old ball sack biggrin I do pop in there every now and again and overall, it really is fairly tame.

My main news/games/music/space etc site changed to reddit years ago.much more open and fresh and obviously tons more content. If you want real political craziness, that's the place! Easy to use, always pumping and thousands of niche subs. Very different from here though, much more youthful and vibrant, i know that isn't everyones favourite dish. Here is comfortable though and, what's the word, stable maybe. It's like having a mad busy day and then coming home and putting your feet up. Reddit is like opening your door and the world falls in, same as pwec, easy enough to close the door on what doesn't interest one.

It is sort of crazy though still seeing so many of the same people here after 17 years, we are all getting old together despite coming from different coubtries, backgrounds and beliefs. Overall i think it's a very cool and down to earth community and i'm glad i stumbled on it when i opened my EAW disc and it had a link to SimHQ.

Wish it wasn't so #%&*$# slow sometimes and the lack of front page is s bit disheartning.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships