Originally Posted by HeinKill
CH. 3

HOLES IN THE CHEESE

She sat in the back of her two tonne armored limo with two bodyguards up front, one facing forward, one backward and her personal aide beside her. In the days when cars needed a driver, they’d needed a detail of three - one to drive, two to guard. But driverless vehicles had freed up the third spot either for additional protection, guests or in this case, legroom. As they approached the River Gates that led directly into the Russian foreign ministry underground carpark there was the usual ceremony with credentials and Kremlin guards running a sweep of the car and its occupants. They all had to demount and go through biometric scanners before they were allowed back into their car and inside the Kremlin walls.

Just being picky here smile
2 tonne? not much armour on that! Even Kevlar armoured vehicles weigh tonnes more than the base weight of the car, but generally it is the glass of the windows that is the heaviest. I have two cars, one, a 4 door saloon, weighs in at 1.8tonnes the other a Range Rover Sport, comes in at 2.95tonnes.

It's been too long since I did the research on armouring a vehicle, but I do remember that we were looking at swapping out the engine for something with a lot more grunt to haul around all that extra weight, the customer had wanted a specific vehicle but with putting on the armour it would never have moved with it's original engine smile We spec'd it out but pointed out to the customer that it was unfeasible,

Anyway really enjoyed the book and am looking forward to the follow up, that was a nice teaser at the end biggrin

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron