There are seven 7-zip Self installers of the EAW Program and they are all free smile

Use this link: Older Installations

#1. EAW126.exe:
Gives you a 1.26E folder with no addons.
The 1.2-E exe is effectively a 1.2 exe with a no CD crack and some other modifications which I can no longer remember.

#2. EAW12X-126E.exe:
Gives you what is effectively a 1.26E folder with OAW.
OAW only has the two "E-" folders available so the user can pick either the 1.26E exe or the 1.2X exe from the code group with the 7217 fix
The default ETO theatre is used.

#3. 128eFAW2016.exe:
Gives you a stand-alone folder with the 2016 version of Finnish Air War.
It includes the FAW manager.
The EAW exe used is a 1.28e version, dated the 27th November 2016, which was compiled by the code group.

#4. EAW129 July2016:
Gives you a stand-alone UAW1.29 installation
It has the old and new map versions of the 1.29 exe, and 9 different theatres.
BoB, DAW, ETO with planesets, Malta, Ray's 2015 ETO, SWOTL, SPAW, SAW, ETO Trains and barges.
The "DSP128-9.exe" is provided as the file-manager.
There is a file in the LongDirSets folder named "Mediterranean Air War (Malta and North Africa)" which should have been removed as it causes a CTD when selected. DAW and Malta are there in any case.
However,DAW has the original dodgy planeset with some aircraft having the wrong nationality. The Malta theatre is just about the same, but has a more realistic planeset.

#5. 1.28c_JellyPack.exe:
Installs 1.28c with the DirSetExeManagerV5. filemanager.
This enables you to select one of three versions of the eaw.exe, and eight theatres in addition to the default 1.28C ETO theatre which had the Allied Carrier.
The theatres are DAW, KAW, Malta, Russia-Germany (winter), SWOTL, SPAW, SPAW45 and SAW.

#6. 129EAW640x480.exe:

This installs the special version of the 1.29 old map exe which uses 640480 screens.
It has a filemanager and a number of experimental WIP theatres that Moggy was working on. These were added to test the exe, but some are of little use as they are incomplete
There is also the 1.28c version of VBH's Pacific Tide III.

This version of the 1.29 exe was made for modders who want to re-vamp old theatres and use the 640x480 screens, but allowing the additional features of UAW1.29 to be used if required.

#7. EuropeanAirWar128.exe:

This installs a standalone 1.28 version, which is what GoG provide wink

***************************************************************************************************************************
Possible issues:

You may need the VB runtime files for the filemanagers and OAW. Let me know if there are any problems

wink Jel

Last edited by MrJelly; 02/23/21 04:02 PM.

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly