Originally Posted by StarfuryTH
I was working this problem concurrently with someone on the #DIY channel of the HOTAS/HOSAS/SIMPIT discord server. He helped me a bit with understanding how the shift register works, and described the different SR pins to me.

I actually figured out the swapped pins this morning while looking at that last pic I posted with both the diagram and picture reference of the board from the AliExpress store for the shift register. The “S/L” pin is their terminology for CS, and CLK is SCK. Except the labels on the picture representation and on the board itself are incorrect, showing those two pins as swapped.

I have only a very basic understanding of what all these pins do, but the fact that I had the same problems with what I thought was the CS (data leg) pin connected, disconnected, or connected to a different pin than specified in mmjoy2, clued me in to the fact that something was off. It was then that I started looking closely at the diagram to verify that things were labeled properly.

Now that it’s working properly, I can quite easily accomplish my cougar throttle switch upgrade project smile

Hi Starfury, I finally had some time to check out your Find of the mislabelling of the SR PCBs and you are right..... the connection diagram for the Input and Output on the Schematic needs to be rotated 180° deg. , then everything works as expected including other SR PCB that are daisychained to the 1st . Don't forget to set the number of 74165 Chips in MMjoy2 to 6,9,12 etc if you daisychain or you won't see them.

I updated my crude pics of the SR PCB Wiring ...... hopefully they help someone else too...

KB.

Attached Files EJoyV3_SR_PCB_Fritzing Pic.JPGEJoyV3_SR_PCB_Multiple_Wired1.JPGEJoyV3_SR_PCB_Wired1_Labelled.JPGEJoyV3_SR_PCB_Scheme_Corrected.JPGEJoyV3_SR_PCB_Pin-Out Corrected Pic.jpgEJoyV3_SR_SPI_PinOut_Scheme_Corrected.jpg

My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1