30 November 1914

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "0815: Got to fly again today. Routine patrol. Very little fighting going on. 1 hour 21 minutes."

Saint-Pol-Sur-Ternoise
Noel Kay writes: "0935: Sun came out. Routine patrol. Some fighting south of Arras. 1 hour 6 minutes."

Gonneham, No 3 Sqdn
Corrigan Aujla writes: "Exciting time today. It stopped raining. Took off at 1222 into a light fog. No sooner had we left the ground than the BE started to roll to the right. The angle was too steep to set ;her down again. At an altitude of about fifty feet we turned right towards the hangars. The plane kept turning to the right and I was able to apply enough rudder to get her on the ground again. We were both pretty shaken up. It turned out that one of the control wires had worked loose and the mechanics had somehow failed to spot it.

Gonneham, No 4 Sqdn
Ries Meismer writes: "Third day on the ground. It's harder today, as the weather has cleared enough for everyone to fly. Except me."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "The clouds are still high and the fog is gone. Only trouble is, now it's raining."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done