Originally Posted by StarfuryTH
I was working this problem concurrently with someone on the #DIY channel of the HOTAS/HOSAS/SIMPIT discord server. He helped me a bit with understanding how the shift register works, and described the different SR pins to me.

I actually figured out the swapped pins this morning while looking at that last pic I posted with both the diagram and picture reference of the board from the AliExpress store for the shift register. The “S/L” pin is their terminology for CS, and CLK is SCK. Except the labels on the picture representation and on the board itself are incorrect, showing those two pins as swapped.

I have only a very basic understanding of what all these pins do, but the fact that I had the same problems with what I thought was the CS (data leg) pin connected, disconnected, or connected to a different pin than specified in mmjoy2, clued me in to the fact that something was off. It was then that I started looking closely at the diagram to verify that things were labeled properly.

Now that it’s working properly, I can quite easily accomplish my cougar throttle switch upgrade project smile

Thanks for posting back , it will help me do a Second FLCS and TQS and CH stuff I picked up....not sure I would of noticed the swapped labels, he has more pics on his TaoBao Site which is wher eI found the other above and start labelling myself for easier reading.

SCK (serial clock) being CLK i knew , but don't think I have seen CS labelled SL though.

I am actually pretty surprised I am the only one who answered you , as usually there is lots of help here , if you need other Docs I have a FLCS thread I started for my 1st conversion and I posted a bunch of my wiring docs etc over there, may not help with a Cougar though...... link should be in my Sig.

Last edited by Kbird; 12/16/18 03:57 AM.

My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1