28 October 1914

Saint-Omer
Corrigan Aujla writes: "0753: Mild rain showers. Quiet in our sector. 1 hour 27 minutes."

Saint-Omer Extension
Ries Meismer writes: "0825: Morning patrol today. Light rain. Sector still quiet. 1 hour 29 minutes."

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "1549: Quiet patrol. Lots of mist and fog up around Niewpoort. 1 hour 11 minutes."

Saint-Pol-Sur-Ternoise
Noel Kay writes: "1559: Some rain, but still flying. Much artillery fire all down the line. 1 hour 9 minutes."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "Cloud cover still keeping us down. We had a treat today. Ltn and Hptmn Boelcke both showed up, along with a couple of other officers I don't know, and asked if they could join us! Of course we said yes. Hptmn Boelcke and one other were on our team and Ltn Boelcke and the other officer were on the other team. Sad to say we lost both games. Still and all, it was a great change to our everyday pace. One almost hopes it stays this way for a few more days. Almost. Flying is still much more fun."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done