13 October 1914

Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "Rainstorm moving through. No flying."

Saint-Omer, No 3 Squadron
Corrigan Aujla writes: "Massive storm moving through. No one is able to fly."

Saint-Omer, No 4 Squadron
Ries Meismer writes: "Rain everywhere. Both our squadrons are grounded."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "1048: Raining, but not enough to cancel our patrols. We flew south across the lines and down to Epernay. Saw an entertaining show along the way. We heard an artillery barrage while crossing the lines, and witnessed an enemy truck convoy racing helter-skelter down what was left of a road, being hounded by our shells all the way. We even got a couple of them. Flying down to Epernay and back we encountered a lot of Flak. It was pretty wet down there. I suspect they were bored, and we provided the perfect diversion. The rain picked up on our way home but we made it back safely. 1 hour 54 minutes."

Dunkerque
Filimor Hance writes: "0934: I've been complaining about ever getting to the war, and now we're desperate to get away from it. We woke up to the sound of thunder, and it wasn't just the storm, it was the German guns. The Germans moved up to the outskirts of Oostende during the night and were now preparing to attack the city. Packing everything up took far longer than we would have liked, and we could hear the sound of infantry firing at each other by the time we were ready to take off. The trucks moved out and we took off down the coast to Dunkerque. We had to fight rain and stiff winds all the way, but 57 minutes later we were safely back on the ground again and well behind the lines."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done