28 September 1914

Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "0842: Flew up around Sedan. 1 hour 44 minutes."

Fere-en-Tardenois, No 3 Squadron
Corrigan Aujla writes: "1339: Flew up around Laons. 1 hour 46 minutes."

Fere-en-Tardenois, No 4 Squadron
Ries Meisner srites: "1454: Traded places with No 3 Sqdn. They patrolled up by Laon while we ran back and forth between Paris and Chatea-Thierry. 3 hours 22 minutes. I finally got a chance to talk to that chap from No 3, the one who went missing for two weeks. I asked him for details and he said "Well, we got caught out when the Huns took Maubeuge. Caught a truck convoy that took us all the way to Beauvais. Stayed there for a few days. The higher-ups caught us up and moves us to Paris. We stayed there until they had time to shunt us back here. Actually I'm unhappy about it. If it hadn't happened I'd have at least ten more flying hours behind me." I was expecting a long story with lots of adventures. Anyway, I also got to compliment him on the reputation he's gained for his perfect landings. every time. Our own commander makes us watch when he comes in. All he said to that was "Well, the one you made today wasn't half bad." I said I learned from watching the best. He didn't seem to like that much, so I let it drop."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "1336: Flew down to the south of Epernay, well into enemy territory. 2 hours 34 minutes."

Anvers
Filimor Hance writes: "1039: Flew up to Chantilly, then to Beauvais, then west of Paris, then home. 2 hours."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done