Originally Posted by Polovski
Which AV do you both use CaptSopwith, Donik?

Here I use ESET AV and WOFFToolbox works fine. WSE is disabled totally.

Sometimes AV may block it even if if you exclude folders. it's also possible if it sees it as a threat (false positive) it may have been amended / "cleaned "by the AV program so even if the file is there may not work.

Seems some AVs dont like WOFFToolbox (again) we sent it tio Bitdefender and it should have been removed

Per my original post: I am running Windows Defender with exceptions set for C:\OBDSoftware\.

I have a "working" copy of WOFF right now running 4.18. Meaning I can launch, map (most of) my controls and fly around. I can't get my rudder pedals to work no matter what I do, though. Also every 3 flight tests or so, it fails to exit and I have to physically restart my computer. But that's a different thread at this point and I'm not going to worry about that stuff in here.

To get a working copy I had to wipe WOFF off the computer entirely. Everything. Poof. This includes the AppData stuff. Reinstalled it to a completely different directory, run it, OK so far. I can map controls again. I have not applied 4.19 yet.

Anyway, I have now completely disabled Windows Defender. Real-time protection is OFF. Cloud-based protection is OFF. Automatic sample submission is OFF. It is as disabled as I can make it. I'm going to update to 4.19 now and see what happens.
4.19 is finished installing.. Launching.. Nope. Runtime error 53 with Windows Defender disabled. No files are missing that I can tell from visual inspection. There are no logs of Windows Defender intercepting, identifying or cleaning anything.

So at this point, sadly, I think I'm done. I will note here that I am a new customer to your software and I think what you've managed to accomplish is amazing. It's too bad that it's finicky enough on my hardware that I won't be able to appreciate it. I have spent hours of my free time on Saturday and Sunday troubleshooting this game. I've reproduced the same error on multiple machines running different OS's. And I've otherwise been doing what I do at work, at home on this game, instead of enjoying my purchase and shooting down some air planes. Just this morning I spent a solid 90 minutes drinking my coffee and searching through forum posts trying to figure out how to get my rudder pedals to work. Changing axis ID's, retesting, etc. They work in my other Sims, mind you. I haven't even tackled the failure to exit black screen yet.

And I'm not going to. I will just stick with Rise of Flight, IL2:GB, and PWCG I guess. I'm not sure if you do refunds or not, but you guys can keep my $30. Consider it a donation for providing the flight sim community with an obviously popular and much loved product.