23 September 1914

The weather starts to clear a little and some squadrons are flying again, with varying results.

Fere-en-Tardenois
Corrigan Aujla writes: "Cloudy, but no rain. 0546: First time flying in more than four weeks. They had me practicing take-offs and landings all morning. 33 minutes. Captain Carlson went on an orientation flight with Sgt Holmes. After they returned the Captain started shouting at the Sergeant. Major Salmond came out, dismissed Lance Holmes and went with Captain Carlson back into his office. Later in the day the Major took the Captain on a flight, after which the Captain retired to the officers' quarters."

From the same airfield Ries Meismer writes: "0447: No rain! went on a long flight to the Aisne area. Seems to be a lot of fighting, but no major movements. 2 hours 56 minutes."

Anvers
Filimor Hance writes: "0852: Made two flights today, each of about two hours. Nowhere near the fighting, but Bruno Seigneurie thinks he has the answer. They don't believe we're ready and don't want to risk us until we've gained more experience. If that's true, then I guess I'll have to live with it. Soon enough we'll see some action."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done