Originally Posted by semmern
I was excited about this movie. From the trailer it looks like it has all the great moments of X-15 suborbital flights, the lunar landing trainer ejection, Gemini 8 tumble, and of course the landing. But then, WHY do they have to act like revisionists and not include such a moment as the planting of the flag? That day the US flag represented the whole of mankind. The US spent all the dollars, manpower and even lives that won the Moon race in the end, so why shouldn’t they plant the flag?

There is a movie being made about the race to the South Pole in 1911. Maybe they should omit Amundsen and the other Norwegians planting the Norwegian flag? I despise the sort of revisionism for the sake of revisionism that is found in movies today, and not just in movies portraying historical events. Star Wars: The Last Jedi was just as bad in taking an entire beloved movie universe and pooping on it, for the sake of satisfying some director’s and producer’s agenda.

That was my point when I had this link in one of my earlier posts. Scroll through that and tell me what is quite prominent.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...rst+to+South+Pole+pictures&FORM=IGRE

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.