1 September 1914

Chappy:
Noel Kay writes: "Transferred from Chappy to Clermont-en-Argonne today. Successful move with no problems."

Beauvais:
Corrie Aujla writes: "I went to work helping a man with a truck pick up trash in our neighborhood and finished the day helping Mme Jumonde with her garden. Late in the day a flight of aeroplanes passed overhead. They were at about 2,000' altitude and looked to be a high-winged parasol of some kind. I counted five of them.

Juilly:
Ries Meismer writes: "Made a scouting flight to the northeast of Paris. 1 hour 13 minutes."

Odis Först writes: " Transferred from Jamoigne to La Ferté sur Chiers. An easy flight. 46 minutes. Had some excitement later in the evening. At about 1930 an Aviatik came in and landed, not long before dark. It was a Leutnant Boelcke. We already have one! Ltn Wilhelm Boelcke is one of our observers. This one was his younger brother Oswald Boelcke. He is a rarity, an Officer Pilot. Apparently he was assigned to a different unit but took his plane and a mechanic and came here, claiming he was bound for another field but had to stop here for the night. It's a strange thing, and not for a poor flieger like me to understand."

Paris:
Filimor Hance writes: "Long training flight with our instructor leading us north to Beauvais, then over to Chantilly and back. 1 hour 59 minutes."

Last edited by Sailor_Steve; 09/02/18 07:03 AM. Reason: Typo

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done