The more I think about this, and read back about the licence holders, the more I'm convinced to just put it on Github. All the evidence points to there being no licence holder. If there was one, we would have found it from the trail of companies.

And the licence basically said that if you make changes to the code, then any licence holder could use those changes as their own. So we (as in the eech community) don't own the code. But as there's no licence holder that we can find, noone owns the code. Also, the licence explicitly states that the agreement is between You as a user and Empire, which no longer exists. Silverstar holdings or New World IP never issued any update to the licence amending who the agreement was between, and I can't see anything in the licence stating that the ownership of the code would pass on. Although I suppose there might have been some legal proceeding that passed ownership on when Empire got taken over.

The licence doesn't really say anything about where the code should be hosted. I seem to remember that the reason it was put on a private repo, was so that they could control who accessed it after agreeing to the licence terms.

So basically, with my layman's knowledge, the licence looks to be void. And based on everything you traced about the companies, there's no licence holder in existence.

So..... I'm off to upload the repo to Github.

Be right back.....

Last edited by messyhead; 08/31/18 04:20 PM.