30 August 1914

Chappy:
Noel Kay writes: "Patrolled over another battle between our forces and theirs. In a fit of rudeness their infantry decided to direct some machine gun fire in our direction! We even took some damage! All was well, though, and we got home safely. The Germans are still advancing."

Beauvais:
Corrie Aujla writes: "The day has come. Colonel Blayne has gotten through to his superiors, and they are indeed wanted at the front lines. Captain Carlson has decided that we should stay here in Beauvais. He has made a deal with a local hotel-keeper that we should be his guests on the Captain's word as an officer that he will be recompensed in full when we have the means. M Jumonde says it's "part of my duty to help fight the war by aiding our British cousins."

La Fere:
No 3 and No 4 Squadron transfer again, from La Fere to Senlis.

Jamoigne:
Odis Först writes: "Another long flight around. Three-quarters of the way through the motor quit running. We were in a forested area, but over a large patch of open grass at the time. I managed to put the plane down, though not without some damage to the wing. We stayed with the plane, and some time after we were due back they sent a plane looking for us. He landed and took Hptmn Straub with him. another hour and he came back for me. By dinner time a truck had gathered the plane and returned. Hptmn Straub is full of praise for "his" pilot, and tonight I seem to be the toast of the squadron. Tomorrow is another day."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done