Originally Posted by Anklebiter
I am so happy that I just got back into flight simming, and DCS now! Reading between the lines, it seems folks have become frustrated with their slow pace of development. For me though, it's all new! So far I've gotten:

DCS 2.5 (Caucus map)
Viggen
A-10C
Hornet
F-5
Persian Gulf Map.

I don't know what all people are on about, but I've been really really impressed with the quality of all of these!! I am also quite happy with the pace of Hornet development. Easily five years worth of entertainment here, especially since I'm a programmer and enjoy tinkering with the Mission Builder and Moose. I pray that after those 5 years I haven't become embittered like what I see on this site, but we will see.

Until then, I will be the token sweet summer child of the forum. Hornet is fantastic. It is so damn fun to fly. The maps are amazing. The cockpit is amazing. Graphics are amazing. VR is amazing. I get decent frames from a GTX 970.

I believe that fast jet sims are in a renaissance period and DCS is leading the charge.

I'm looking really really closely at Normandy and Spitfire because I want to create a "Time Pilot" campaign. Hornets and Warthogs blowing the hell out of Nazi's. TOTALLY REALISTIC!!!

slow clap.....good for you. hope the 'time pilot' campaign works out. however must I say that Chuck himself would turn over in his grave if ever a 'time pilot' campaign was ever a thing.

a 50-60 year old pilot who begins his time back in Normandy and progresses on to the A-10 at half a century of age and then retires in the F-18C in the 1st gulf war at 70 years of age? I think i'll pass on that like I have with most other 'realistic' campaigns.

I'd rather spend 70+ years perfecting fried bacon