Thanks so much! It was great. We watched BP beforehand. My youngest (10) got tons of autographs. I talked to Ned about a clinic we put on a few years back for fun ("Backyard Baseball" designed to take the parents and stress out of baseball and make it what it was when I was a kid...no predetermined teams..show up and play) and how kids all said "I wish all my games were like this!" Then we went up and spoke to Rex Hudler and Ryan Lefebvre. I told Rex how I was weak as a kitten and nervous and was thinking about throwing from in front of the mound. He said "yeah, don't be a hero." He's a super nice guy and was totally sympathetic. Then though, Ryan turned around and said "No way. You won't be able to sleep if you don't throw from a major league mound and rubber in this park..to your son no less!" We laughed about him challenging me in front of my whole family and I agreed if I "hit the bull" (Bull Durham) or in this case, the lion (Sluggerrr) it was on him and I agreed to give it a go (which you don't get to warm up, so it's hard, especially with 200-300 people that were there watching from my church, kids I've coached and their families over 22 years (one kid who is at IMG Academy in Florida even flew up for it), high school and college friends, etc.

Anyway, it was great. I'm not sure how the videos will come out (the resolution is better on smaller window) but they are on the Facebook page and I'll try to upload them too:

https://www.facebook.com/jen.the.herb/videos/10156566987213637/

https://www.facebook.com/christine.culplemmon/videos/10156076115819006/

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11