Originally Posted by Airdrop01
Originally Posted by GrinderX9
Sorry the hear about your condition frown . Unfortunately I'm a heathen atheist, but a bad one. I do pray once or twice every year for mostly selfish reasons, like plz let me win the lottery and stupid thinks like that. In the last 10 years I have lost my dad and three aunts to censer, so unfortunately I can relate to what your family has to endure this days frown . I sincerely do not believe in a God, but the thought of a loving God and a afterlife is a good belief. And I'm sincerely happy that you and your family find strength and comfort in your beliefs. So in the (in my belief) unlikely chance there is a God, I did the (for me) unthinkable thing (for an Atheist) and prayed for you and your family. I which you and your family the best for the future.

I've thought and prayed a lot about this since you wrote it a few days ago; almost daily, about you particularly, in fact.

Firstly, thank you for your kind words. I appreciate them. I've prayed for you just like I do everyone who has been praying for me and my family every day, as I wrote so many times in this thread. Last night, I offered my suffering for those who don't believe, or for those who are wavering in their faith. This morning, at 0300, I read a prayer as part of a Novena for intercession of St. Bernadette, I don't think it is a coincidence that in that prayer for today, which I did not know before then, it specifically mentioned that she offered her suffering up in a similar manner.

I cannot force you to believe but I ask, and pray, that you continue to pray. Even if in the beginning you think it absurd, truly open your heart and mind to the prayer. Try to do it every day, and see what happens.

Love, your Christian brother,

Don

Hi Don smile .I hope my lack of faith don't and wont disturb you to much in the future. I do find value both in good deeds and the well wishes of others, so therefore I thank you for your prayers for me and all other none believers. I do not believe in God, that is true. But once, a few years back, I had... an extremely powerful... spiritual experience. I to this day, do not believe it was... God, Jesus, the holy spirit or anything connected to religion. But on the off chance I'm wrong, the Christian God is supposed to be all knowing. Then he knew how I was going to react and think, and still choose to... give me this... hmm... experience. That for me proves "if" God exist, he loves me anyway and accept that I don't, and maybe never wont truly believe in him, as long as I live. And I truly and fully believe the doors of heaven if such a place exist are not out of reach for a none believer. In Norway most people are pretty relax on religious matters. I remember my hometowns preacher in my childhood under a Christmas sermon (the only time each year the school forced us to church wink ) told us; you do not need to believe in God to come to heaven, it are enough that you "HOPE" he exist. I always found that pretty nice.

I know many that are strong in there Christian faith, do not believe what I believe. And I sincerely hope I do not upset you with my beliefs, that was not my intent. Best of luck and good wishes to you and your family smile

By the way, my name is Dag smile

PS. I have read what I wrote a few times know, and... I'm really not Shure I should write what I wrote. This is your thread about your life situation. I really really mean no disrespect towards you or religion. And hope you don't take it that way. And what I wrote above really do reflect my point of view. I like do discus and talk about religion, politics etc. But there is a time and place for everything. If there is anything in this thread I have written, you don't like, I will edit it out, and only leave behind my sincerely heartfelt good whishes smile

Last edited by GrinderX9; 08/07/18 08:17 PM.