Originally Posted by GrinderX9
Sorry the hear about your condition frown . Unfortunately I'm a heathen atheist, but a bad one. I do pray once or twice every year for mostly selfish reasons, like plz let me win the lottery and stupid thinks like that. In the last 10 years I have lost my dad and three aunts to censer, so unfortunately I can relate to what your family has to endure this days frown . I sincerely do not believe in a God, but the thought of a loving God and a afterlife is a good belief. And I'm sincerely happy that you and your family find strength and comfort in your beliefs. So in the (in my belief) unlikely chance there is a God, I did the (for me) unthinkable thing (for an Atheist) and prayed for you and your family. I which you and your family the best for the future.

I've thought and prayed a lot about this since you wrote it a few days ago; almost daily, about you particularly, in fact.

Firstly, thank you for your kind words. I appreciate them. I've prayed for you just like I do everyone who has been praying for me and my family every day, as I wrote so many times in this thread. Last night, I offered my suffering for those who don't believe, or for those who are wavering in their faith. This morning, at 0300, I read a prayer as part of a Novena for intercession of St. Bernadette, I don't think it is a coincidence that in that prayer for today, which I did not know before then, it specifically mentioned that she offered her suffering up in a similar manner.

I cannot force you to believe but I ask, and pray, that you continue to pray. Even if in the beginning you think it absurd, truly open your heart and mind to the prayer. Try to do it every day, and see what happens.

Love, your Christian brother,

Don

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11