TOTALLY bailed on a 5 Skuller Destroy the Base Mission a couple of days ago. Had never seen this map before, Arctic so I am thinking "YAY, less heat problems"

Think Eagles Dare Castle with lots of futuristic turrets, and SS Death Robots.

When I bailed, after killing a light scout, a heavy mech, and two "elite" demolishers the fun really started. You see they weren't really the base guards. Now comes FOUR(4) ELITE Banshees, Highlanders and a Crab. As soon as we engage them ole Mr Happy sitting up in the Argo says, "See, here comes the serious reinforcements...or some such nonsense."

SIX (yep 6) Bad assed turrets, Eight (8) ELITE Assault mechs... they blow all kinds of parts off your mech ass.

Nahhhhhh!

I bailed. I don't see that as doable. No matter how many times somebody keeps reloading it.

edit: The view "attacking" the base was seriously "Where Eagles Dare". No chance of sneaking my AC20, SRM6 short range killer into range before my arms are almost shot off, and, well life as an expendable Mech is starting to SUCK! Jump Jets yielded little baby steps.

Bottom Line: Sometimes you have to get the Hell out of dodge when you can.

Other times...well avoid the fat girls. Am good at that thank goodness.

Last edited by Nixer; 08/07/18 12:31 AM.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum