Good Sunday morning, all. I'll be brief because i'm headed to Mass here in about ten minutes.

Today I'm starting to feel much better after this week's chemo. It was a rough cycle with the added bone stuff for that part of the metastasis but that's okay. I don't have to like it, but I accept and surrender to it, and God's will. I still really feel like I'm going to get a miracle, as well.

A fun bit of news: I get to throw out the first pitch at the Cardinals at Royals game on 8/10. That's pretty exciting. I've coached and played baseball for a long time, but I'm really nervous about this because the chemo makes my fingers and hands numb, and if you've ever thrown a real pitch, you know that can be a problem. So my plan has gone from zip it in there to "just get it there with a modicum of speed and control." Ha. We shall see how it goes.

That's all that's new for today. I already prayed for y'all twice today, and will do so several times again. I've literally got people all over the world praying for me, submitting petitions for me, and on pilgrimages and it is such a powerful thing. Thank you all from the depths of my soul. It is everything.

Have a great weekend again everyone. Know again how much I appreciate you all and your prayers!!!

Don (and Laura, Emily, Jack and Grace)

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11