Love it! We have done that constantly. Many of these verses are also part of the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick, (especially James 5:14-15) which I've had several times so far (I've had it privately and at Mass and it's weird being the youngest guy/gal up there by a good 35 years!!!

I am very confident and 100% faithful that if it is His will, I will be healed. If it is His will, instead of months or however long, I will get a miracle of years or decades. A thing I do (He knows my heart and mind and that my faith is 100% true anyway) but when I pray at night, in the dark, usually before anyone is in the bedroom with me yet, is for a certain part of the prayer, sandwiched in between a basic "Father, if You are willing, take this cup from me; but not my will, but Yours, be done" is I remember when Jesus was going to heal the dying boy, and a crowd was slowing his travel, and a woman touched His clothing, and was healed. Everyone was pressing against Him, and He asked his disciples something like, "Who is it that just touched my clothes." They of course say something like "Lord, everyone is touching your clothes, we can barely proceed!" Well, Jesus turned to the woman and told her she was healed by her faith. I hold my hands in the air, reaching as I lie with the pump attached, or on my knees in the bathroom with the door closed, and literally reach for his cloak. It may sound odd, but it is so beautiful and even though I know He knows my faith, I want to show Him in as many ways as possible.

God be with all of you. I am so happy I wrote this thread here. You all are such a blessing to me. I always thought I was a grateful person before....but as human, we are prideful by nature and weak at the same time (they're both the same if you think about it). As an example of my pridefulness, I used to pray for God to use me as His martyr. I of course envisioned some sort of John the Baptist, St. Paul or Joan of Arc blaze of glory. So utterly prideful and vain. Honestly I was so ashamed of this when I confessed it but I know I am forgiven. I am so much better a person now than two months ago, and I think it's like a big circle because I feel like my whole community and thousands of people are drawn closer by this. I, and we, are truly blessed.

Thank you!!!!! I will faithfully continue to pray for all of you daily, multiple times a day. May you all be strengthened with the promise as indicated in Isaiah 41:10 you put up above. I know I am and it's utterly beautiful. You are all utterly beautiful.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
on your own intelligence do not rely;
In all your ways be mindful of him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Don

P.S.: Our youngest (10) is named Grace (we had three miscarriages before her) It is indescribable.

Last edited by Airdrop01; 07/18/18 02:55 AM. Reason: try to make sure grammar and capitalization of His name correct, despite chemo brain

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11