Originally Posted by Sobek
...Most of them just don't have to deal with objects moving at 500 knots....

Speed by itself means nothing when talking about dead reckoning. I can have things moving at light speed but still do a reliable dead reckoning....... what really matters is how fast things changes its velocity vector thus acceleration magnitude or even better velocity derivative. Now missiles should not do any drastic acceleration or velocity vector that cannot be updated properly within an acceptable time range, unless.... unless.....unless it is buggy as hell and basically bleed speed....oh wait........this is actually what happens in DCS .........

I mean do you really think that a flight GAME provides a more complex dead reckoning problem than a racing game where players can drastically change both velocity and acceleration vector in a bat of secs, specially considering extreme case like collisions? Specially considering that the degree of error must be relative low due to the VERY close proximity between vehicles....... really?

I'm sorry but your narrative does not hold because of many examples out there with similar or even more degree of complexity.......

You might argue that there are less information to be shared and i agree to an extent but that's up to the software to do smart data propagation with adaptive refresh rate

Consider that some racing games allows 32 players to race each other which is not as simple problem as you like to sound

Last edited by xXNightEagleXx; 07/03/18 09:26 PM.